CARLSBERG MALAYSIA GROUP AT A GLANCE
OUR BRAND PORTFOLIO
- Part of the Carlsberg Group, one of the leading global brewers with 75% of the Group’s beer volumes sold in markets where we are a strong No. 1 or 2.
- A dynamic brewer with investments in Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka plus a regional reach via exports to markets such as Thailand, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Owns a production plant in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Part of the growing Asia region that accounts for 28% of the Carlsberg Group’s operating profit.
- Incorporated in 1969 and listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Owns 100% equity stakes in Carlsberg Marketing Sdn. Bhd. in Malaysia and Carlsberg Singapore Pte. Ltd. in Singapore, as well
as a 25% stake in Lion Brewery (Ceylon) Ltd. in Sri Lanka.
Our international portfolio of brands comprises locally brewed beers, stouts, shandy and non-alcoholic malt-based beverages as well as imported cider brands and third-party imported brews.
Our flagship brand is Carlsberg, complemented by premium brands Kronenbourg 1664, Somersby Ciders and Asahi Super Dry as well as power brands Royal Stout, SKOL, Jolly Shandy and Nutrimalt. In Malaysia, we have Connor’s Stout Porter, a premium draught stout and Corona Extra, an imported third-party beer brand.
OUR COMMITMENT TO BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY
We are committed to growing our business in the most efficient manner possible by optimising resource efficiency, as well as promoting our products in the most sustainable manner by advocating responsible sale and consumption.
We offer direct employment to 628 employees of which 562 are based in Malaysia and 66 in Singapore.
We aspire to become a successful, professional and attractive beer- based company in the markets we chose to compete in:
- Successful by applying a strong balance between market share and gross profit margin after logistics and operating profit.
- Professional by delivering best-in-class service to our customers.
- Attractive by creating value for investors, engaging employees and
making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
In alignment with the Carlsberg Group, our new corporate strategy called SAIL ’22, sets the strategic direction
for the business and accelerates value creation for our shareholders for the next seven years. Focusing on portfolio priorities, excellent execution of our capabilities and the creation of a winning culture, we are confident that SAIL ’22 will guide us achieve our ambitions for both our Malaysia and Singapore operations.